March 14, 2010

For My Information

I have just acquired the strangest case of hiccups.  They appeared out of nowhere.  Whenever I get hiccups, I start to worry I will be one of those unfortunate people who hiccups for weeks and months and years straight.  such is my nature. 

Here is a list of the books sitting on my bookshelf which I am currently dying to read:

•Nine Stories - Salinger
•Hotel New Hampshire - John Irving
•Foucault Reader
•The Dragons of Eden - Carl Sagan
•Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit - Jeanette Winterson
•The World is Flat - Thomas Friedman
•Half Asleep In Frog Pajamas - Tom Robbins
•Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follett
•The Complete Stories - Flannery O'Connor
•Wicked - Gregory Maguire
•Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
•Ava's Man - Rick Bragg
•Adventures of Ideas - Alfred North Whitehead
•Quaker Journals - Brinton
•Blue Shoe - Anne Lamott
•Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
•Tale of Two Cities - Ole Dickens
•Satanic Verses - Salman Rushdie
•Hot Water Music - Bukowski

And so on.  Probably at least 1/3 of these books, I will pick up and read one chapter and decide not to proceed, but STILL.  They call out to me.  This is the downside of all of my shopping sprees to McKay.  I have to just sit and stare at these books and wait ages to read them.  Boo.

Still hiccuping.  I could not be happier with my extra hour of daylight today.  I don't know why Daylight Savings Time has so many haters.  Anything that gives me extra time at the end of the day to stroll down the sidewalk and play frisbee is a-ok with me.

No comments: