Whoa. I haven't blizogged since Septembre. It's NOVEMBRE. That doesn't make sense.
They are putting in a gravel pathway down around the lake. That is the good news. The bad news is that they had to kill the big beautiful old wise trees to do it. This is the problem with getting attached to trees - people chop them up to pieces like it's nothing. Last year, I went down to those trees around October and took picture after picture, and couldn't wait for winter, and then spring, and then summer, and then fall again, to see the trees change, to come to know them, just to know some piece of land over time, so as to better understand change, and everything. And it got to summer and I really knew them, I was learning each of their names, I had pinpointed the source of the cinnamon/rootbeer smell, I had learned about the sweetgums. And then it came to fall and someone decided they were expendable. I suppose I will pick other trees to know? Where are the trees safe from building?
With all the things to humph over in the world, trees seems a silly one to humph about publicly, but it is important to me. Second most important humphing topic? TEA-PARTIERS. But I won't bore you with that.
There are things to be happy about too. I got a whole clump of visitors last weekend, and we had some lovely visits. I have also had 4 birthday meals this week, which have been very special and also delicious. And I've gotten to spend today with 3 lovely, miniature, cuddly dogs, and we have had a nice time, although poor Bump is having a hard time keeping up and is showing all the tell-tale signs of jealousy and self-pity. Zadie liked my singing very much, and Scout seemed to enjoy Patrick Dempsey's performance in Can't Buy Me Love. These pups love their movies.
But it is getting cold and the SADs are rolling in. After tonight, I will only get to see sunlight on weekends and special occasions. Such is the world. At least there's pumpkin pie.
No comments:
Post a Comment