OF A BROKEN HEART
ISN'T THE ENDING
SO MUCH AS THE START
-Feisty
Have you ever heard truer words?
Tonight we all read passages in accents and ate the best pizza in America, and driving along I saw, from a distance, a glint of purple towering along the sidewalk, which turned out to be two women on stilts, in costumes, like they were in the circus, only they were outside Ted's Montana Grill instead. And Biz didn't even ask what on earth they were doing, she just said
"Can you wave for me?"
Wish granted.
And we might have a third roommate, who will add drama and also happiness to our happy house, along with a dog, who could never replace Bump, but will be a good friend surely. And the boys made bank at the garage sale, except the charity to whom we donated the leftovers left most of the big things behind, and I think it is a bit snobbish for the charities to refuse a perfectly good baby blue velvet chair. like when the Goodwill wouldn't take our orange couches in the 7th grade, and my Dad cursed them to the heavens. Sonsa bitches, I'm sure he called them.
Lay me down a pallet on your floor.
I am reading THE HEART IS A LONELY HUNTER, which I picked up because Oprah suggested it in her book club, and it has been a real treasure. And this is one of those really tan summers, one where you know you will never stop being hot so you just decide to love it, like you're in the Bahamas or a very luxurious sauna 23 hours a day. And sometimes I say dumb things, but I am learning to forgive myself for them, even if no one else can, because L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. Atlanta is big in the summertime.
A little stiff
A little obscene
He resists
He makes his case
He gives in






2 comments:
i love the way you write
Why thank you.
Post a Comment