July 28, 2010

Egg News

The Egg's joke that never gets old is pretending he doesn't understand sarcasm or figures of speech. For instance:

The Egg: Why don't you just buy us all lunch?
New Girl: Right, cause I make that kind of money.
The Egg: You do? Hey, how'd you score that? No fair!

Unfortunately, this joke was never once funny. The Egg seems to realize this when you use it on him, and reacts strongly.

The Egg: I took a smoke break, then a Janelle break.
Me: You needed a break from Janelle?
The Egg: NO, I took a break WITH Janelle.

Still, he uses it at least 3 times a day. I haven't tried my joke that never gets old on him yet (you know, when you mention someone's name, and I pretend like you're either talking about someone famous or a childhood friend, e.g., "Have you talked to Ricky lately?"  "Ricky Gervais?"). I imagine he wouldn't find it funny at all, as it's a joke, and he's not the one making it.

No comments: