July 11, 2010

Jumpin' Jubilant Jabberwockin'

Lover please do not
fall to your knees it's not
like I believe in
everlasting love.

I want to write Dad is coming to visit next weekend, what are we going to do? It is cute, like he is a girlfriend from college visiting, Craig will make him a quiche and we'll have a Sunday morning with our socks on the hardwood. And then he'll be my Dad, he'll fix my closet and take me to get a new cell phone, maybe he will come drinking with my friends and embarrass me.  My Dad.  He is in repair.

Sam made me a new mix and I can't get enough, it is called July Jams for Jumpin' Jubilant Jabberwockin' Jen. Sam has a way with the names.  It has been a good day. what a day. It was like one of those fancy meals with all the courses, or tapas, just dipping your fork into so many different things, just the variety makes you feel like a king. swimming, coffee shopping, chatting, dancing, margariting, birthday partying, sunroom sitting, more chatting, different chatting, and watching the Newsies.  It is time I feel like a king too, because I have been feeling like a weirdo lately, but maybe my self is back. back in action for the summer.



Ain't no rust on the happiness bus.

And roomie was defending the gays on the internets. Can you believe there is even a need for that anymore? Oh the world. Sometimes I forget it is so big that there is even room for so many very very small worlds.

Look at the night flying by. 4am already. Don't believe I will be making it to a Sunday morning movie after all. What happens at 4 in the morning? My stomach starts bubbling with some strange digestive ritual, she says "We have secret rearranging to do, we usually prefer you to be asleep for this, but we are getting sleepy ourselves, we have to get started." The string on the ceiling fan tinks out some rhythm too complex for me to understand, the same fascinating jingle that lulls me to sleep every night, I believe it is in 17/8 time. The moon slips away into some back room somewhere, and I begin to type nonsense that couldn't matter less to anyone. I wish my eyelids would get heavy.

I am wearing my Amish Country shirt.  I am wearing my Amish Country shirt and that is a rap.

2 comments:

Liz said...

i really love your writing.

conversely, i really hate i keep missing you every time you're in town. text me next time? 382.1570

Jen said...

I hate it too! Yes, let's definitely do something next time I'm in town. I'll hit you up.