December 29, 2011

Egg News

The thing about The Egg is that he absolutely never agrees with anyone, ever.  Contrariness is his conversation style, and he considers himself a fine conversationalist.  He doesn't realize that people enjoy having their ideas appreciated and entertained from time to time.  Does it really matter to me if you agree that ancient peoples probably weren't drinking 8 cups of water like present day doctors recommend?  No.  I could really give two shits what you think about the subject, and I care even less about defending it as a theory.  It's a thought that I spoke out loud, because you were talking about recommended hydration levels. I don't need you hammering and hammering and hammering away at the idea.  This may show you're smart, but it also shows you're an asshole.

I also have a theory that this conversational style is the native language of New Jersey.  The Egg, of course, vehemently disagrees.

No comments: