July 1, 2008

High School Sweethearts

I don't care what anyone says, I still love John Mayer, and I will continue to love him. I will not deny that it is at least in part related to his dreaminess. Any lady with an appreciation for a boy with a guitar and sunken eyes, who has ever made her way to one of his concerts, has no doubt, at some point, felt herself seduced. An almost identical effect can be achieved just by listening to one of his live cd's, but truly, that is not the point. He really is just SO GOOD. I don't even know how he can get a guitar to sound that pretty. It is milk and honey to my musical soul. I don't know if this is a disease or special condition or something, but I think I consume music like food. There really is something in my body that is nourished by it, that NEEDS it, and John Mayer reaches deep down and satisfies it. It almost makes me cry.

I am annoyed that his success among 17-19 year old girls has forced me to relegate him to the "guilty pleasure" category, but such is the cost of fame. He has a new live album/DVD out, "Where the Light Is," and it is just a triumph.

No comments: