December 16, 2008

The bi-annual procrastination post:

Of course, by bi-annual, I mean twice yearly.

I think I know too much about theology to be a theologian.

Theology papers are HARD. I keep wanting not to assume anything without saying it, but that is impossible. I'm trying to build from nothing, but when you start with nothing, nothing's all you got. But then I feel like if I say something that betrays some theological assumption, my professor will think "Aha! You don't realize what you're assuming! You sloppy theologian!" But I do know I'm assuming it, I just don't know what else to say. Plus, whatever, this is the professor who guarantees a B if you even turn in the paper. not so tough to impress.

John Cobb says "Theology should not primarily be argumentation. It should primarily be the attempt to state the basic tenets of one's faith in such a way as to elicit a responsive perception of these as self-evidently true." I wish I could do that. I'll try.

Cause this paper is over in less than 21 hours, good or bad. So PUMP IT OUT.

1 comment:

clint wells said...

man, theology paper. Shudder.