February 8, 2009

Feeling good.

Yesterday was a day that fell out of the sky like manna, perfect, satisfying, just right, just enough. What did I do yesterday? I woke up on my friend, Lorraine's couch, then spent the morning lounging with Craiger, went to Panera and studied, came to Craiger's and studied, sang Paula Cole songs, and then watched TITANIC. Maybe don't tell anyone that we watched Titanic. I'm ok with it, but Craig could be at least mildly embarrassed. But let me tell you, folks: there is a reason we all saw that movie 6 times in the theatre, and it's not just Leo's dreaminess. It's just a winner. COMPELLING AND RICH.

Also, I've been reading all about meditation, the Buddhist and the Christian kinds, and it is wonderful, it is opening up my pores so that the world around me can pour in. It is funny that existing is a practice, one I'm sometimes so bad at, but when I can get it right (or maybe when I can figure out that it's all right), I don't know how I could ever feel anything but perfect. I think I was really good at it when I was about 3 years old.

You know what else? The sun is out. Not right now. earlier. The sun and the birds and the 70 degrees, and let's not pretend that doesn't have something to do with it. The earth is inhabitable again. counting down the days to the spring equinox.

No comments: