Did you know that last month, Regan was the NUMBER 1 salesperson WORLDWIDE for Borders? World class, we're talking. Since she obviously has some clout in the organization, I have asked her to procure a job for me. Fingers crossed.
Here is my favorite line from the new Derek Webb album:
"Baby when I put my hands on you
Feel like I'm touching the earth"
The cheap classical guitar sitting in my corner called out to me the other night and said "Give me a whirl," and so I obliged. I gave her a whirl, right there in front of my computer, and this is what came out. It is sloppy and thoughtless as can be, but I am convinced if you listen to anything enough times, it will sound rehearsed and justright.
There is a song called Happiness on the Dark Was the Night compilation by some band called Riceboy Sleeps, and it is precisely that, it is happiness, which is strange, because parts of it actually sound incredibly sad, weepy. It is nothing at all if you actually listen to it. I have not been able to listen to it even one time all the way through, it beckons distractions, and you start thinking about the weather and what you will do with your Sunday and what sort of tea you will be drinking today and suddenly you find yourself thinking of all the sweet friends you've ever had and how appreciative you are for life and sunshine and you smile reflectively, and all the while it is building building, and finally you notice it again, in a moment of starry gratitude, welling up around you in happiness, you want to cry for happiness. I don't know how they do it. Obviously, I am listening to it now.
I believe I will go finish my Native American book.
No comments:
Post a Comment