My friend, David, has challenged the world to a Ten-Day Yay for Blogging Challenge of Excellence (TDYFBCOE!), which is basically a challenge to blog everyday for 10 days. And, well, I ACCEPTED (I believe I am the only one).
WHAT WILL I SAY IN MY TEN DAYS? I don't know. Not at all. But it's summertime, and that means time's a ripe for wasting. Last summer, as the days drew long, I accepted a 24-HOUR MOVIE MARATHON CHALLENGE, and nearly beat it. We will see what comes of this challenge.
I am in the mountains of Tennessee right now, and it is sweet as can be. as always. I am full of everything, I could say a million things. I have just finished leading a little weekend camp retreat where I met the sweetest people and the most perfectly 13 year old people and a tiny guitaring virtuoso and several Michael Jackson impersonators and so forth. Everyone loved everything and we sang songs. Today, I met a dog named Buster and held him close to me, to keep him from running wild among the campers. And then we ran together down the road for several sweet minutes. and then trotted. and then buckled over in fatigue. and then trotted. and then I bid him a tender kiss on the forehead and told him to GET THE HELL OUT OF MY LIFE, BUSTER, so as he knew not to come back to camp. It was a sorrowful parting. Then we ate ice cream.
Also, I've just woken up from a 2 hour nap.
I should go check on other things.
No comments:
Post a Comment