December 27, 2009

Gets the Boogie

music music music music music music music music music music I can't get enough of it I am obSESSED. Maybe I should be a music critic so I can just listen to music every second of the day, except that would mean I would have to critique, and I just want to love, love love and love all day long.  Maybe I should start a music blog where all I do is GUSH and LOVE.  I could think of a clever name and the slogan could be "all happy all the time," but really, there are plenty of music sites and such that only mention music when they want you to be listening to it.  But they're all professional and reserved and reasonable, well phrased, I just wanna say "Listen, this music will make you fly, it's made of magic, it's got a special chemical in it that turns to love in your heart, listen, this music is syrup of happiness, pour it down and it will turn your life to ice cream and chocolate cake."

Ok, as a for instance, I just bought this Owl City album, which the iTunes review describes aptly, but in such a way as to make you feel guilty and juvenile and tasteless for wanting to buy it.  "G-rated club anthems," "targeting the younger siblings of those who bought the Postal Service's Give Up six years earlier,"  "Those who don't have a sweet tooth should stay away."  First of all, should I be embarrassed for Postal Service, Mr. Smuggy, is this what you're trying to say to me?  And what would you say if I told you that I love them both as a 27 year old?  It doesn't matter, those who would love this music can read the review and know they will love it.  me, for instance.

And to keep it classy, I also buy the new Imogen Heap, because it sounds surpassing in excellence of her last album, and I am swimming in electronica paradise, the sweet and soupy and the inventive and electro-organic and the great.  So 18 dollars later, I am going to sleep happy.  Wasteful?  Contrary to the way of life I am trying to cultivate?  Most likely.

I am just INTO it.  It makes my life a walk in the park.  Speaking of.  I'd like to take a walk in a park.  Maybe Candler Park.  Shall we?

No comments: