I got a job! Yup yup. I can't even express how relieved that makes me. Now I wish I hadn't spent so much of the past week worrying that I'd spend my summer as a penniless moocher, 25 years old and still shacked up at my Dad's for the summer. But it's ok. Memory is malleable enough, I'll just remember the past week as wistful and carefree. It mostly was, anyway, but there was always that creeping knot in my stomach, lurking, threatening to CLENCH! at any moment.
Hey, you know what? I am SO GLAD I'm not in school right now. Today is the day that it became real. Because today is the day that all stress dissipated. Not only do I not have school; I also don't have to be looking for a job. Job? check. So what do I do with my free time? I go to Barnes & Noble. to read. Ok, so maybe I need some work in the "using free time" department, but at least I'm reading on my own time, the things I want to read. It is still one of my favorite things.
On a meaningless note, I have just put on my new Secret "Shower Fresh" deoderant, and it has a remarkably lovely scent. You don't find as many deos these days that really getcha. But I have not been able to stop sniffing my armpits for the past 5 minutes. Is that an overshare?
There is a me you would not recognize, dear
Call it the shadow of myself
And if the music starts before I get there
Dance without me
You dance so gracefully.
I saw Juno again this weekend. I loved it the second time, just as I suspected I would.
1 comment:
def not an overshare. i'm totally obsessed with the way my degree, ultra-clear, pure satin deo smells. mmmm...... fresh.
congrats on the job! what exactly is it?
Post a Comment