Craiger and I are doing a 24 HOUR MOVIE MARATHON this weekend. We couldn't be more excited about it. Bethany, my roommate, thinks we are both losers. C'est la vie. It is exciting to have a friend that would want to do a 24 hour movie marathon. I think it's a special connection Craig and I have. It's almost like finding a friend that wants to take a cross-country roadtrip after graduation. Of course you want to do it, but are you really going to find someone else who wants to, who is serious about it, who is willing to save up the money and take time off work, who would want to visit the same places as you, who won't drive you crazy on the 1000 hour car ride? That's what I've found in Craig. He and I both understand that it's not about enjoyment at this point, it's about achievement, and not real achievement, obviously, but summertime achievement. Sure, after hour 8, it will be grueling, of course, but Craig and I are both the sort of people who are willing to suffer through, just to say we've done it. We are both the sort of people to whom a movie-watching sort of achievement would appeal. It has been a several day process putting our list together, and we're taking it very seriously. in that summertime way, of course. I won't bother you with the criteria for consideration and factors to be balanced and the in's and out's of the selection process, but I feel good about it.
Here is our list (not in order):
Vanilla Sky
Family Stone
Dead Poets' Society
Mulan
Amelie
View from the Top
Neverending Story
Return of the King
Eternal Sunshine
The Notebook
The Life of David Gale
Hairspray
Cold Mountain
Homeward Bound
I would be training tonight for the big day, if I had any idea what training for a movie marathon looks like. Should I be watching tons of movies so I'm used to it? Should I be abstaining? Most important, I do believe, is a good night of rest, and in that department, I am sure I will do fine. G'nite.
2 comments:
a stellar lineup, in my opinion. so jealous.
Thank ya, pal. We are very excited about it.
Post a Comment