August 23, 2008

Mancakes and Honeymoons

I have a week off of work before school starts. I feel the same kind of elation you feel when summer breaks. SCHOOOOOOOOOOOLS! OUT!!! FOR. SUMMER!!! One week, folks. I have that same need to put myself in the mental zone of NO RESPONSIBILITIES. Just fun and good times. Jo and Caleb were over tonight. Jo is going to Portland forever, and it is so good for the three of us to live it up for a night before he leaves. And in my new apartment. Such a delight. And then tomorrow, to Nashville, to see my forever friends, Cor and Dean. Yep, nothing but open roads and sunshine to follow. And then. To the books!

Ok. I've been drinking. Jonathan's been serenading. And it's time to get back to the party. Vive le France!

"Faith is an island in the setting sun
But proof is the bottom line for everyone."
-Paul Simon

No comments: