August 27, 2008

Susie Homemaker

I caused an explosion in my kitchen today.  Those damn roaches.  I was trying to spray around my stove for 'em, because that's where they keep showing up, and suddenly, a ball of fire flew off the stove, accompanied by a pretty serious BOOM.  I forgot that I have a gas stove.  It singed my leg hairs.  Saves me a shave!

I guess it also got in my mouth, because my throat's been hurting all day.  I had a brief spell of queeziness that  convinced me I had ingested a lethal dose of the roach spray and would die on my couch, but my Dad tells me it probably wasn't enough to kill me, so I'm safe. I'll tell ya one thing.  It sure killed the roaches!  or scared the shit out of them.  A couple ran for their lives, and I gunned 'em down.

All of my friends are out of town, so I am coming up on a few days of solitude in my apartment.  I love my apartment.  I have decided that I absolutely love every room and every sitting space, the dining room, the lil porch, the living room, and my desk in my bedroom.  And I love piddling around the house, watching movies in my pj's with a bowl of cereal and reading and napping, but I get so crazy when I'm all alone for over a day.  Oh well.  I will try to embrace it.

No comments: