April 30, 2008

I don't know what tomorrow brings

It's alive with such possibilities
All I know is I feel better when I sing
Burdens are lifted from me
That's my voice rising

What a glorious night. Days later, and I'm still relishing in it. I think, years later, I will be too. Total freedom. Total disclosure. Friends whose knowing reaches deep inside and far into the years. Revolution and no boundaries and sharing with strangers and drinking til our pockets were empty and smoking til our packs were empty and dancing in the streets, the streets flooded with people, and finding each other. finally. And it makes everything else, the old life, the normal life, so so dull. "But this is every day." "This is every day." It could be, couldn't it? But not without shedding some skin. Maybe. I feel closer with the world, with the darting eyes I meet along the sidewalk, since that night. What is separating us anyway? It's only silence, and it's broken easy as pie. Just a word. We are all the same, aren't we? And don't we crave connection? Freedom and Connection. Connection in Freedom. What is there to fear? If we could lose nothing and gain everything?

And walking to our cars, the rain came and fogged our glasses and washed us clean. washed those streets. New at midnight. But will we have the courage to rise again tomorrow? We must.

No comments: