I can't even articulate the utter uselessness of this day. My plan was to write a paper all day. It is due tomorrow. It's 15 pages. I've been sitting at my computer most of the day, and I haven't even started the paper. I wrote about a page of brainstorming, which mainly just revealed to me how unprepared I am to write this paper. It is probably at least 50% of my grade. What is wrong with me? Right now, I am watching Joyful, Joyful from Sister Act 2 on YouTube. Why? Because what else is there to do? Also, because it is fucking wonderful.
I typically need an alotted procrastination period for any paper, but a full day, when the paper is due tomorrow, it's just not gonna cut it. I keep telling myself, it's gonna get done, because it always always always has before, but what if it doesn't one day? What if today's the day? Too bad. I'm going to watch an episode of The O.C., sleep for 3 hours, and then get up at 1:00 and write all day. I am fully stocked in coffee, triscuits, and Mountain Dew. ready for the big writin' showdown. I have no idea what I'll write. No structure, no content, nothing. I've just restarted Joyful, Joyful. Do it, Lauryn. The paper is based on these interviews I've been doing all semester, but it's not just a summary. I don't know what it is. I have til midnight, and I found out this afternoon that I can actually turn it in a full day late and still get full credit. That news comes as nothing more than a sentence to 24 more hours of solitary, in my room, in front of the computer. But how do you think the prof looks on people who turn in their work late? It's probably not looked upon favorably, but I know it's available, and so I know that the miniature writer, who sits on the throne in my heart, will not let the words come until the world insists! refuses to wait any longer. Anyway. Fuck.
No comments:
Post a Comment