April 15, 2008

Slipping.

I have become an A- student. It is my glass ceiling. It makes me a bit furious, but today, I realized why it's happened: my writing has dumbed down a bit. I read an A student's paper yesterday, and it helped me remember what my writing used to sound like. I don't know how to sound impressive anymore. I am less taken by impressive words than by interesting ideas, and so that is what I focus on, but that is not what the teachers care about. It still hurts my feelings that I am not the best thing they've ever seen, but maybe knowing that I've finally learned to put content above form will help me console myself. and feel superior to my friends who effortlessly sail into the A range.

My latest paper, however, the one I've been working on since 3 this morning, that's due in an hour: a total mess. I will be lucky if I can manage a C+.

No comments: