I have just been flippin through my Senior high school year book as I pack up my room, a consistent and welcome distraction in my typical packing/cleaning routine, and I found my two favorite quotes from high school, and wanted to share them. I can't figure out if it would be better to explain them or not. I think I'll just let them stand. I think they sum up pretty well my high school sense of humor.
"As I watched Albert play the spoons, it brought to mind my uncle John, who played the bones with the same fervor."
-Anonymous
"Aunt Jemima - because there's so many reasons to celebrate at home."
-Mystery Science Theatre 3000
Things I apparently said in high school that others have quoted in my yearbook:
-"What the mom?"
-"I have been praying for you about that."
-"Shut your face."
-"You don't know no math."
Most common adjectives in my high school yearbook used to desribe me:
-talented!
-nice
-sister in Christ
-funny
-looked up to
-will do great things
Who was I in high school? I love how easy it is to believe in people in high school. Your life is 100% potential, so it's ok to be 0% achievement. All you have to do is make good grades and smile at the pep rallies, and everyone is sure you'll do great things. What great things was I gonna do again? I could use some direction from that high school cloud of witnesses.
No comments:
Post a Comment