I wonder if the Weepies love their music as much as I do. It seems like it would just be impossible. but at the same time, it seems strange that I could be closer to a song than its creator is.
Also, this asshole, Zachary, makes me want to stab my eyes out. He's not really an asshole. He has just learned a whole mess of things that have absolutely no relation to any of the things I've learned, and on top of that, he has learned how to converse with the people in my world, since my world is where most people live. He lives on Jupiter, and I have very little practice with Jupiterians. Also, even when you concede his points, he talks to you like a child, and accuses you of misunderstanding. You're still wrong. and he never has to prove that he's not wrong, because he says you could never prove yourself right anyway. "I agree." "But you agree in that wrong way." "You're a sonofabitch." "I don't know what you mean by 'sonofabitch.'"
He also makes me want to run as far as possible from Christianity. which is why I would like to stop talking to him. I want to forget that people like him exist, not because he proves me wrong, but because he makes me feel that if I can't articulate everything I think in analytical philosophical terms, then I know nothing. And that since he can, he must know at least something, and so I should cry mercy and just take his word for it. And I think that's total bullshit.
Maybe, talking to him, I can see how people feel talking to me.
I REALLY wish I could just move on and not sit around thinking on the toilet and brushing my teeth what a douche this guy is, but I can't. I can't stop. I think I finally delivered him the ultimate zinger, though. Hopefully, that will put all this to bed.
2 comments:
um, no. not possible. no way could someone have the same experience talking to you that they have talking to zachary. no way.
Oh, thanks, pal. He's just helped me realize how annoying it is to talk to people way different than you, and to feel like you're losing the argument. It's pretty infuriating. I try my best to be gentle, though, and to give my conversation pal as much credit as possible. He certainly does not.
Post a Comment