I wanted to post a blog about my happy day at the park, but Craig has beaten me to it. He is a quick blogger. Fortunately, though, you don't read Craig's blog, so it will be news to you. Let me just say, though this day probably should have been devoted to job hunting, since it's probably my only day this week that I have available to do so, I could not be happier with the way I spent it. Piedmont Park, Kurt Vonnegut, public transportation, three-legged dogs (only minimally less inspiring than one-legged dogs), American Idol, Real World, home-cookin', and of course, Craiger. Recipe for a delightful 8 hours. Wow, was it really 8 hours? Yes.
Anyway, hopefully I can harass the library people into giving me a job. I put in an application today. It's on.
Last night, Nate and I went to a Mexican restaurant and ordered nothing but cheese dip. cheese dip and a single margarita. We talked and talked. talked til we were politely asked to clear out. And then, we pulled our camp chairs up to Nate's out-of-order apartment pool, half-lit by street lamps, littered with bug carcasses, serenely sailing the dirty waters, and we talked and talked. talked late into the night. We tossed and turned and fumbled around until we finally stumbled upon that common ground and came up with a workable plan to fix society. dreaming the dreams. clearing the air. Yep, these last couple days have been pure fucking poetry, no two ways about it. Couldn't have lived them better if I tried.
Yikes. I have to pack up my whole apartment tomorrow.
I have bought 75 songs on iTunes this month. Wait! That's not true. 55 of them were free. Thanks to eMusic. I am a linking fool tonight. Either way, though, that's a lot of music to digest in 3 weeks. BTW, you should go to eMusic.com and get a free trial and 25 free songs, and buy ya some Weepies and some Dave Barnes. And James Taylor's "One Man Band." Those are their best buys, I think, but I already owned those albums, so I had to find some other ones.
Which other ones? I'm glad you asked. Here's the list:
Cherryholmes - Cherryholmes II Black and White
DeYarmond Edison - silent signs
Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova - The Swell Season
Over the Rhine - The Trumpet Child (just a few songs)
Andy Davis - Let the Woman
Rob Blackledge - A Step in the Dark
Yep, that's right. I did the free trial twice. You have to have a credit card and an email address for each time you do it, but those are your only limitations.
This is one of those summer blogs where nothing interesting happens. I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment